Thursday, May 31, 2012

Praises for a God Who Is Beyond Time Zones


Have you ever gone on a God Hunt? A God Hunt begins when you teach yourself to look for God’s hand at work in the everyday occurrences of your life. Here’s one of my personal God Hunt Sightings:



 
Most of us have agreed that going west across time zones requires minimal adjustment. Coming home, however, flying east, is a whole different matter. I have come to the conclusion that it is just going to be a full two weeks before am I really back.
The first night at home after 21 days in Africa, I kept waking up thinking I was still moving through the streets of Nairobi. In a few days, I began to catch seven to eight hours of sleep. Five days home, I didn’t need an afternoon nap, but I was still not wanting to be around ANYONE but my family. There was a displacement of my inner time zones; morning hours took forever to live through. It felt like two in the afternoon, as though I had been awake that long since morning, when it was still only 10:00 A.M.
How comforting to know that God is a God who is above all time zones and not limited by any of them. I wrote out in my prayer journal:
I praise you God of all Time Zones:
• that you neither slumber nor sleep
• that you are never jet-lagged
• that you are always here and always there
• that you are present in all the longitudes and latitudes
• that your love stretches from the North Pole to the South Pole; and that your grace tracks through the equator and the meridians.

You are my Place before all others.
This is a solace for the jet-lagged travelers.
I spy God!

No comments:

Post a Comment